Thursday, July 29, 2010

Want to meet me in New York?

While I used to travel to New York City on a regular basis when I was working directly in the financial services industry, since OpenGamma got going I've been doing as little travel as I could get away with. What that's meant in practice is no work trips in a year and a half, and only a few holiday trips as well. Furthermore, when I used to go on business trips, almost all of my time was spent in our local offices, and I didn't really get a chance to meet and greet.

However, that's changing now. I'm going to be in New York City from the 12th through the 18th of August. Yes, I know how hot it is there. Yes, I know it's going to be miserable. Yes, like the locals, I too am hoping that the heat wave will pass. But I've got a few meetings I have to take, so going I am.

If you'd like to meet up for any of the following:

  • To learn more about OpenGamma (note: I'll even be packing some demo-ware and the source code if you're that keen to see what we're doing)
  • To geek out about databases (of the relational and non-relational type), MOM, Java, data encodings, Atlassian products, or anything else I blog about when I'm not shamelessly promoting myself or my company
  • To chat about startups, London, the tech scene here, or general expat stuff
  • To publicly berate me about one of the many controversial and offensive statements I've made on my blog or Twitter feed
  • To drink (coffee or alcohol) with someone you wouldn't usually drink with
  • To offer me a desk to work at when I'm not otherwise engaged (hint hint)

Just hit me up. Comments down below here, kirk at kirkwylie dot com if it's not about OpenGamma, kirk at opengamma dot com if it is!

blog comments powered by Disqus